

These two special people are my in laws, Melvin & Joan, or better known as Memaw & Pop. They are another true blessing in my life. This past weekend, Ryte had a ballgame in Simpsonville, SC. Ricky and I had already committed to being at a wedding on Saturday, so we were not going to be able to take him. All it took was one phone call. You see... Memaw and Pop have just as much love for sports as Ricky and Ryte do. There are not many games that they miss. I can assure you that they have put many miles on their car traveling from Gainesville to Habersham County and White County. If my nephews are playing at the same time as Ryte or Riya, they split up and make sure they are at both. That's what they enjoy doing, and the kids love for them to be there to support them. When I talked to Joan and asked her she said she would love to do that. She said, "It will be an adventure for us." Isn't that neat; she looked at it as an adventure not a burden. I was so happy and relieved. I knew that I could send him with one of the other players, but I just felt better knowing that they were going to be with him. Ryte won both games and we met them to pick him up around 9pm. On Sunday, Ricky had to work, so he couldn't go, again.I had arranged to ride with another family on the team, but Saturday night Pop said, "We'll pick you up in the morning at 9:30." I was happy they were going again! They were there bright and early (Pop is ALWAYS early!) We kissed Ricky and Riya goodbye and headed back to SC. Those of you who know Ricky, know that it was killing him to not be able to watch Ryte play. I was instructed to keep him updated through texts. Between texting and Dill pickle flavored sunflower seeds, I had no time to be nervous like I normally am at Ryte's games.

During this ride, I just thought about how good Memaw and Pop are. They have such a love for the Lord, and it spills over into loving each and every one of us. On the ride we listened to a gospel group that Joan's nephews are in. I just watched as Memaw mouthed every word to one of her favorite songs. We stopped to eat, and Pop blessed the food. His prayers are so sweet and heartfelt. He always starts with, "Dear Lord as we bow one more time before you Lord..." I love that! I have always known that they love me, but it was not until a recent family matter, that I really saw how deep their love runs.

I truly believe they would drive to the moon and back if we needed them to. Family means everything to them! Many people complain about their in laws, but I know that I am blessed. They have always been supportive not hindering. They have chosen to be laid-back and not pushy. They have encouraged us and not criticized. I am so very thankful for them, and I hope that they know how much we love and appreciate them.The boys ended up coming in second during this tournament, but it was a great trip, and I got to spend quality time with my son and my Memaw and Pop!
Love your pictures...such a sweet, sweet family. Your children are very blessed to have this extended family.
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures!!! Really enjoyed this post.
ReplyDeleteI love this about Joan and Melvin. They are awesome! You should let them see this. Love you!
ReplyDelete